Bachelor’s Degree Transfers 

How to apply for changing the Bachelor’s Degree course  

Students already enrolled at Politecnico di Milano who wish to transfer from:   

  • a course in the School of Design to a new course in the School of Design;  

  • a course in the School of Architecture or Engineering to a course in the School of Design; 

must submit an application to evaluate their previous career by selecting "Three-year and single-cycle degrees: course changes and admission with previous career" on their Online Services page.  

There it will be possible to express up to 3 degree courses for which to request an evaluation of the previous career.    

A payment of 60.00 Euros will be required for each evaluation request. The fee paid is non-refundable.   


Link to our Guides page


Transfers are made by taking the Design Admission Test (TOLD) in the early session and/or in the standard session, or by competing in the Merit list, if the endorsements awarded are equal to or greater than 30 ECTS and the quota places are filled.    

The year of admission is decided by the Transfer Commission, regardless of the admission method (test or Merit list). 

For further information please consult the Guide to Transfers and Transfers.


Places are limited and established as showed above.  

The position in the Merit list is defined on the basis of the weighted average of the exams taken by 31 July.  

Students coming from other Universities can formalize their transfer through admission to the Merit list only if the CCS recognizes at least 30 ECTS from their previous university career.    

IMPORTANT: the minimum 30 ECTS required to compete for the places on the Merit list are those recognized by the School of Design, assigned through the evaluation of previous university careers.    

The Merit list will be published at the end of July (see notices on, to enrol for standard session test test. 

Validations are awarded when the teaching programmes of the courses are similar and coherent, the Scientific Disciplinary Sectors the same or similar and the cfu equal to or greater than those of the examinations taken at the University/Academy of origin. 
The year of admission is decided by the Passages/Transfers Commission regardless of the method of admission (test or merit list). 


YoutubeiTunes UInstagrramLinkedIn
Via Candiani 72, 20158 MilanoWhere we are